On Feb 24, 2004, at 8:42 PM, Rick Measham wrote:

Thankyou for a sensible response David. While MakeMaker's maintainer and others may say long live Module::Build, I keep having trouble with it whereas I've never had trouble with MakeMaker. Thus my question.

Yes, this was due to an oversight Ken made in the latest release. It will be resolved with the release of 0.24, although it won't happen soon enough for most of us.

This however does not solve my problem. Unless Module::Build is already installed it goes whacko and does not install everything that it should. I've no intention of delving into its internals, however if anyone is concerned with this problem I'm happy to provide install logs or whatever is needed.

No, the problem is pretty well understood. There are two solutions:

1. Every one of us who has Module::Build built modules can release new versions with the Makefile.PL generated by Module::Build 0.23, which will not have this problem. Or

2. Wait for the release of Module::Build 0.24, which corrects the problem in a backwards compatible manner.

Most of us feel that #2 makes more sense, and are thus just waiting for Ken to make us all happy again.

Regards,

David