Eugene van der Pijll wrote:
>is any instance where DateTime gets it wrong, please let us know.

There's leap seconds, but I presume that's intentional.  AFAIK DateTime
operates correctly within its designed limits.

>priorities of DT have always been 1) correctness 2) ease of use 3)
>efficiency, in that order. I think.

That's refreshing to hear.  I have the same priority list.

>Last weekend I finally did something about it. I've created a new
>version of DateTime, where I have split the module in DT::Date and
>DT::Time.

Cool.  I think there's a lot of abstraction inversion in DateTime,
and this sort of rearrangement is the right direction to rectify that.
It would be nice to mix and match date and time-of-day models.

>I think DateTime::Format::Epoch contains most of the functionality of
>your Date::JD.

I think there'll be resolution issues, and possibly time-of-day model
problems.  The biggest problem is the timezone stuff, though.  And, as I
said, DateTime has no concept matching what a CJDN (or a JDN) represents.

>Those modules are certainly on-topic on this mailing list,

Ah, I was mistaken then.  I'd be interested in suggestions people can
make about those too.  I've tried to make them all interoperate nicely.

-zefram