On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 05:42:29PM +0100, Zefram wrote:
> There's leap seconds, but I presume that's intentional.  AFAIK DateTime
> operates correctly within its designed limits.

Entirely accidental, I assure you!   They are part of UTC.  Which in all
likely hood is what your system clock is synced with.  You have to
understand leapseconds in order to covert UTC to other time systems.
But you know this as you've had to implement leapseconds in
Time::UTC too.  What is the complaint here? DateTime.pm is not
the only DateTime compatible calendar.

> I think there'll be resolution issues, and possibly time-of-day model
> problems.  The biggest problem is the timezone stuff, though.  And, as I
> said, DateTime has no concept matching what a CJDN (or a JDN) represents.

Timezones are hard.  DateTime has gotten them more or less correct.

Uh, what about the ->jd() & ->mjd() DateTime.pm methods?

-J