Nice, being the report-bug link takes you to code.google.com (just
filed one the other day with tests).
http://code.google.com/p/datetime-format-strptime/issues/detail?id=10

I've created a replacement for it just yesterday actually,
DateTimeX::Format::POSIX::Strptime, which is still a developers
release. I use the POSIX C bindings per POSIX::strptime() (cpan module
not POSIX function). It uses my new framework DateTimeX::Format. It
weights in under 50 lines of code.

There is one minor issue: I'll probably rewrite ::CLDR too -- CLDR
doesn't work with DateTimes that lack dates, and to vastly eliminate
code, I pull the local specific conventions from DateTime::Local which
stores them as CLDR patterns, and I feed off to DateTime::Format::CLDR
(which is kind of bugged). The other options are to write a Strptime
in perl, eww, or to use the POSIX way of setlocale() very bad idea.

However DateTime::Local::CLDR is preventing me from parsing
local-specific time formats (that lack dates) with ::POSIX::Strptime,
which is why it is a developer release.

If I get a DateTimeX::Format::CLDR, or DateTime::Format::CLDR patched,
I'll go ahead and make it production. In the end it just makes another
viable alternative to Format::Strptime.

--
Evan Carroll
System Lord of the Internets