Dave Rolsky wrote:
I've written email to modu...@perl.org with the intention of taking this module over. I need to make it not rely on deprecated DateTime::Locale APIs so I can finally release a new version of DateTime::Locale.

If _someone_ else out there is dying to maintain this module, please say so.

Rick, if you're out there, please respond.

Dear Dave and the DateTimers,

Many apologies for appearing uncontactable. I'm busier and busier these days have have less and less time to spend on this code. Each time I've received an email I've planned on getting it done, but have let it slide.

I've previously said I'd take on a co-maintainer. Evan responded that he'd totally rewrite the module as an XS module. I've no interest in doing this so the module is currently still under my maintenance (and is therefore virtually unmaintained).

I think Strptime is a really important module for the DateTime suite, and has a lot more importance I've evidenced I can give to it.

Therefore, in the interests of ... well .. everybody ... I'm quite happy for anyone to take it over that can give it the attention it needs. I'm also quite happy, still, for anyone suitably qualified to be a co-maintainer of the current code. Again if Dave or Evan want to take it over, I'm quite happy for them to do so and from there it can take any direction the community is happy with.

Once again, many apologies for not following up on the evolving changes in DateTime.

Cheers!
Rick Measham
--
Message  protected for iSite by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au