Hi,
Ivan,

Thanks for replying. 

I have used non-cached memory for EDMA. EDMA has some issue with cache but I am 
not looking into that matter right now. Currently I am trying to run driver for 
Davinci MMC/SD controller in Interrupt and polling mode using uncached memory. 
Do respond If you have solution for either of problems.

Thanks in advance.

Sarfraz


 ----- Original Message ----
From: Ivan Tonchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Sarfraz Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 2:14:34 PM
Subject: Re: Davinci SD/MMC FAT corruption


Hi Sarfraz,

Are you sure your EDMA part has no Cache issues?

Check out this thread:
http://linux.omap.com/pipermail/linux-omap-open-source/2005-June/004349.html

BR,
Ivan

Sarfraz Ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
>           I am writting the driver for SD/MMC from scratch. I have been
> able to run and test the driver using EDMA based reads and writes
> but when I use CPU based read/write (Interrupt and polling) ,
> reading data works fine but writing something e.g. create
> directory, file write, delete operations etc. causes FAT corruption. The
> file system is FAT32 and I have tested with MMC and SD cards and
> found same problem with both types of cards. I have also varified procedures 
> for CPU
> based reading and writing from "sprue30b.pdf" document. I am using
> Davinci DM6446 EVM.
>
> can anybody help me out?
>
>
> regards,
> Sarfraz
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Need a vacation? Get great deals
> to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
> http://travel.yahoo.com/
> _______________________________________________
> Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
>


       
____________________________________________________________________________________
Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, 
photos & more. 
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source

Reply via email to