Thanks. Daniel J. Allred Software Applications Catalog DSP / Emerging End Equipment
-----Original Message----- From: Zach Sadecki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 1:33 PM To: Allred, Daniel; [email protected] Subject: RE: Replacing UBL using DVFlasher I had to go back and look at the code that I modified... And here's what I did: In the function GetFileData, the original has this line: fs = File.Open(cmdParams.APPFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); It should read: fs = File.Open(filename, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); Zach -----Original Message----- From: Allred, Daniel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 12:31 PM To: Zach Sadecki; [email protected] Subject: RE: Replacing UBL using DVFlasher Zach, Can you provide any more details? This is the first I have heard of this bug. Regards, Daniel Daniel J. Allred Software Applications Catalog DSP / Emerging End Equipment -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] sp.com] On Behalf Of Zach Sadecki Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:02 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Replacing UBL using DVFlasher There is a bug in DVFlasher. If I remember correctly, a function mistakenly tries to open the u-boot file twice rather than opening it once and the ubl file once. I think it was because it didn't use the filename passed to it, rather the global u-boot filename variable. It was an easy fix, but required a recompile of DVFlasher. Zach -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Jackson Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 6:52 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Replacing UBL using DVFlasher Hi All Has anyone successfully replaced UBL using the DVFlasher tool. I can successfully replace U-Boot but when I try to replace UBL the DVFlasher complains that the U-Boot file is in use. At the XP DOS prompt I type : dvflasher_1_12 -v -p "COM1" -fnandsrec -useMyUBL ubl_davinci_nand.bin new_u_boot.srec the flasher responds... ----------------------------------------------------- TI DVFlasher Host Program for DM644x (C) 2007, Texas Instruments, Inc. ----------------------------------------------------- Flashing NAND with ubl_davinci_nand.bin and new_u_boot.srec. Attempting to connect to device COM1... Press any key to end this program at any time. Waiting for DVEVM... DVEVM: BO? BOOTME BOOTME commmand received. Returning ACK and header... ACK command sent. Waiting for BEGIN command... DVEVM: BEGIN BEGIN commmand received. Sending CRC table... CRC table sent. Waiting for DONE... DVEVM: DONE DONE received. Sending the UART UBL file... DVEVM: DONE DONE received. UART UBL file was accepted. UART UBL Transmitted successfully. DVEVM: TI UBL Version: 1.12, Flash type: NAND DVEVM: Booting PSP Boot Loader DVEVM: PSPBootMode = UART The process cannot access the file '<path>/new_u_boot.srec' because it is being used by another process. Interfacing to the DVEVM via UART failed. Please reset or power-cycle the board and try again... It's complaining that the file new-u_boot.srec is in use. It isn't. I can delete it, rename it, flash it without useMyUBL. Have I misunderstood how to do this ? Anyone else seen it ? Regards Paul Jackson _______________________________________________ Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list [email protected] http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source _______________________________________________ Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list [email protected] http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source _______________________________________________ Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list [email protected] http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
