Well, surprise surprise it didn't work! everything looks fine on the scope but
it seems that the signal level is too low to be picked up properly by our frame
grabber. Hopefully this will be the last time I need to ask for help. Is there
any way to increase the output level of the signals on DC5? currently they have
an amplitude of only ~1.7v. I looked through the registers for the VPBE and the
closest I could find to what I'm looking for was YCOLVL (Yout and Cout Level),
originally it was set to 0x00 so I tried setting it to 0xFF (it's maximum value
for both Yout and Cout) but there was no change in the output. does anyone know
if/how I can increase the output level of DC5? I am outputting 24bit RGB along
with the pixel clock, hsync, vsync and lcd_oe all of which have an output level
of ~1.7v.
Thanks,
Euan