Hi,

Since there are changes to video drivers in the kernel, older way of display 
buffer is not understood by the new video drivers. Also I believe there is 
change in the dsplinkk.ko too,  which are tied to the new kernel DVSDK 1.3 
though not for sure. My experience is that, the DVSDK 1.2 is not compatible 
with DVSDK 1.3. Also I am sure that the codecs of DVSDK 1.3 are far improved 
and they need support from dsplinkk.ko. In general, DVSDK 1.2 binaries related 
to DSP core and codecs are not compatible with DVSDK 1.3 normal linux based 
application should be OK with DVSDK 1.3.

With best regards,

Venkatachala Upadhya| Extn: 65395|
--
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Naveena M.
Sent: 28 February, 2009 1:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: dm6446 dvsdk encodedecode demo




Hi all,
            I built the whole dvsdk package provided as dvsdk 1.3.
I found that there are lot of changes in the kernel or lsp as well as the demo 
application.
I want to know if the old demo application will run with new uImage, dsplink 
and cmem.
I want to know if the new versions of kernel and dsplink drivers are compatible 
with the old demo applications. By old demo application, I meant demo available 
with dvsdk 1.2 realease.


Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naveena

________________________________
http://www.mindtree.com/email/disclaimer.html
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source

Reply via email to