Hi

> Sorry about that, I was looking at an older kernel version :-) In the
function
> driver_match_device()

Thanks for the suggestions and help so far but as I am new to this and I am
really not understanding what the problem is.  From what I have understood
is that the platform_probe and platform_register functions are not loading
the driver.  I have not changed anything about the driver except to add the
actual chip id to the nand_ids.c file but by looking at the original NAND
boot sequence I have observed that this is only used later once the
davinci_nand driver is loaded.

So when the kernel boots and it needs to determine what hardware is there.
How is it doing this?  How does it know that a particular driver should be
loaded?  In my board configuration file for the TO DM365 EVM board it has an
option to enable the davinci_nand and this is definitely being compiled in
as the kernel work with the old NAND but not the new one.  Except for me
physically changing the NAND chip nothing else has changed so surely the
driver should load anyway?

Sorry for all the newbie questions but I am new and digging around worked
for getting the NAND working with uBoot but is not for getting it to work
with the Linux Kernel.

Regards
Sean

--