On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 09:52:52PM +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> > On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:51:26 -0400, John Scoles <sco...@pythian.com>
> > wrote:

> >  ☑  unicode     => Unicode
> >  ☐  DBDs        <= DBD's
> >  ☐  DSNs        <= DSN's
> >  ☑  unlikey     => unlikely
> >  ☑  abreviated  => abbreviated
> >  ☐  NULLs       <= NULL's
>
> Yes to all (assuming the arrow direction indicates the intended change).
> Thanks!
>
> > Things I also noted:
> >
> >     # 'thru' => (Thur thrum Thu thou)
> >  isn't it "through" in English?
>
> My Mac OS X dictionary says:
>
>    thru
>    preposition, adverb, & adjective
>    informal spelling of through
>
> I like it.

Cogreve, Boucicault Shaw, Wilde, Becket, Freil, Behan, Swift, Sterne,
Stoker, Moore, Joyce and O'Faolain are all rolling over in their graves
after hearing that Tim. Shame!!
:(
 [In case anyone's using OS X and doesn't know about this: try tapping

the d key while holding down the control and command keys.

--
Catch Alex & Sheeri at ODTUG/Kaleidoscope - June 27 - July 1.
Hear Sheeri speak or email eve...@pythian.com to meet with Pythian.