On Sat, 07 Apr 2001 15:31:24 +1000, Giles Lean alluded:

>  No news?

 As of this evening, none. Barring some vehement opposition, I'm
still planning to apply patches and put the patched version up for
download soon (I think I'll try to coincide with the 7.1 release).

>  There's the patch Tom Lane created that fix the problems with large
>  attributes -- that's clearly a bug fix.

 Yep.  Thank god for core members who like Perl (wierdly enough,
Tcl/Tk seems to be the preferred language other than C among the core
team members that I know).

>  The other possible patch I know of is this one:
>
>      http://mailarchive.activestate.com/mail/msg/perl-DBI:299287
>
>  It's a bit less obviously a candidate for a "pl1" release, since it is
>  removing a (mis-)feature.  I think it's necessary, but it would
>  perhaps be better kept separately for now.

 Hmm. I'm going to dig into the current Pg source to make doubly sure
of this, but I think it should be in there. Anyone else?

<patch snipped>

 Thanks for the help, Giles.

Jeff

--