From: Michael Peppler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 1:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Error when inserting large amounts of text (update)

Scott Phelps writes:

 > I just found the following in an archive (I believe of this list) and it
 > sounds like my problem exactly (not sure of byte length, but is
definitely
 > size oriented)! Is this still a problem, the message below was dated Tue,
10
 > Feb 1998.

You may be hitting the TEXTSIZE limit (which is in effect for both
inserts and selects.)

Try doing a

$dbh->do("set TEXTSIZE <some large value>");

before the insert and see if that helps.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - [EMAIL PROTECTED]