Hello,

the first of my problems has been solved (just a little error
when writing the data), the second one still occurs; here
is an example what happens:

The  following SQL generates Output in Fixed-Format:

select
    isnull(convert(char(4 ),  gewinnspiel_nr      ), space(4))
   ,isnull(convert(char(8 ),  gueltig_von         , 112), space(8))
   ,isnull(convert(char(8 ),  gueltig_bis         , 112), space(8))
   ,isnull(convert(char(255),  fragen              ), space(255))
from
    gewinnspiel

An additional Order-By-Clause deletes the Blanks after each
column (Chop-Blanks is set off!):

select
    isnull(convert(char(4 ),  gewinnspiel_nr      ), space(4))
   ,isnull(convert(char(8 ),  gueltig_von         , 112), space(8))
   ,isnull(convert(char(8 ),  gueltig_bis         , 112), space(8))
   ,isnull(convert(char(255),  fragen              ), space(255))
from
    gewinnspiel
order by gewinnspiel_nr

Does anyone know what happens here or how it can be avoided ?

Thanks in advance.

Klaus Dittrich

>Hello all,
>
>I just startet using DBD::Sybase (after experimenting with
>DBD::Oracle and DBD::ODBC), and I found some effects I don't
>know how to handle.
>
>1. Is it possible to avoid the additional Blank after each
>column I select (it does not appear always, but in most cases)?
>I know it can be avoided in isql, but how is it done in DBD::
>Sybase (without losing the blanks I need for a fixed format
>output, i.e. ChopBlanks does not help) ?
>
>2. In some obscure cases, all Blanks are chopped when I add
>an Order-By-Clause to an Select, though I explicitely cast
>the columns to a fixed length. Without Order-By the Blanks
>are not chopped and I get a Fixed-Length-Output.
>Can this behaviour be changed (or can someone explain it to me)?
>
>I'm using Perl 5.005_03 and DBD::Sybase 0.22.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Klaus Dittrich
>Mannesmann Mobilfunk GmbH
>Duesseldorf, Germany
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Der clevere Infobote - Shopping-Tipps bequem abonniert. Jetzt neu bei
http://www.epost.de