This response received from Stephen Clouse. This fixed the problem.

Ah, you had the same problem I did on Slackware 8.  Seems they do something like
hardcode some SuSE pathnames into the thing and it won't link properly anywhere
else.  But I have figured out how to get everything to link successfully, and
these should carry over to other Linux distributions.

First, find the directory containing libgcc.a -- on Slackware this is
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/2.95.3, it should be something analogous
on Redhat, since it's a GCC thing.

Open up $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh and go to line 178.  It should look like
this:

SYSLIBS=`cat ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/sysliblist`" -ldl -lm -lc"

Edit it to the following (all one line):

SYSLIBS=`cat ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/sysliblist`"
 -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/2.95.3 -lgcc -ldl -lm -lc
 /lib/ld-linux.so.2"

Finally, run `relink all` as user oracle to rebuild the Oracle libraries and
binaries.

I have installed Oracle 9i on a RH 7.1 server.  I have done a database install to make
sure I got all of the required files.  I can connect to a remote database using
sqlplus.  I have installed DBI 1.19, make test and make install work.  I am trying to
install DBD 1.07 for Oracle. On "make test"  I am receiving the following output.  I
have searched everywhere and tried a few solutions but none have worked (README's
included).  Any ideas?

Thanks

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i3
86-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $v
erbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/base..............ok 3/5FAILED tests 4-5
        Failed 2/5 tests, 60.00% okay
t/general...........install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DB
D/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so:
 undefined symbol: OCIServerAttach at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/DynaLoader
.pm line 200.
 at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at t/general.t line 20
t/general...........dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
t/long..............Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module
DBD::Oracle: blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: undefined symbol: OCIServerAtt
ach at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 200.
 at t/long.t line 4
Compilation failed in require at t/long.t line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/long.t line 4.
t/long..............dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
t/plsql.............Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module
DBD::Oracle: blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: undefined symbol: OCIServerAtt
ach at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 200.
 at t/plsql.t line 17
Compilation failed in require at t/plsql.t line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/plsql.t line 17.
t/plsql.............dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
t/reauth............skipped test on this platform
Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
t/base.t                      5    2  40.00%  4-5
t/general.t     255 65280    ??   ??       %  ??
t/long.t        255 65280    ??   ??       %  ??
t/plsql.t       255 65280    ??   ??       %  ??
1 test skipped.
Failed 4/5 test scripts, 20.00% okay. 2/5 subtests failed, 60.00% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 29

Jeffrey P. Besecker
Project Manager
PG Energy