Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have successfully been using DBD::CSV for the last year and recently
> upgraded
> to Red Hat 7.0 from 6.2.  The problem is that ever since the upgrade,
> the ORDER
> BY clause on an ISO date field (i.e yyyy-mm-dd,m e.g. 2001-09-10) no longer
> works.  The sort comparison stops on the year (i.e. The same years are
> grouped
> together but the comparison does not continue after the first '-').
>
> I tried various 'locale's, but simply cannot.  Switching back to 6.2 it all
> works again.
>
> Any ideas?

I did some more digging and the problem appears to be a difference between Perl
5.005_03 and v5.6.0.  I rebuilt all the modules, just in case, and it made no
difference.  I started digging and it appears SvIOK() returns TRUE when the
string value is 2001-09-10.

How can I set what the type is of a columns in DBD::CSV to stop the module
believing this is an integer value?

-- Alex