Hello,

I work with DBD::Oracle over SQLnet from a solaris server to a Oracle
8 database on a dec alpha server.

I can insert my data (numeric and char fields) over the net and select
them with sqlplus on the dec server without any problem.

However selecting data on the solaris server with DBD::Oracle only
works with numeric data - every select statement which uses the char
field does return zero rows, but does not indicate an error.

Scanning this list and google, I tend to think that this might be a
problem of charset converting.

In my environment on the solaris server I found no language-relevant
settings, for oracle I only use ORACLE_HOME as environment variable,
the SID is given in the connect string.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Markus