I notice from the docs that come with DBD-mysql-2.0902, and in
particular the Makefile.PL there is the warning:

print <<"MSG";

This is an experimental version of DBD::mysql. For production
environments you should prefer the Msql-Mysql-modules.

MSG

...and I notice that the last update was in may of this year..

is this still a truism, and is Jochen still updating and maintaining the
module? I haven't seen him posting anywhere recently, in the places I
normally read up on Perl and DBI, so I'm not certain whether he is still
actively working on the module.

Can anyone clue me in?

--
Scott R. Godin            | e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Laughing Dragon Services  |    web : http://www.webdragon.net/