On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:29:29 +0530, Abhra wrote:

>1. while trying to install  DBI in WIN NT machine by ppm  I gave
>following command
>    ppm
>    ppm>   Install DBI
>
>    It gives error: " Could not locate a PPD file for the package BDI".
>    Please note during installation internet connection was on and done
>proxy setting.

You can still use PPM with downloaded archives. You need both a ppd file
and the .tar.gz file, the ppd file must point to your local copy of the
.tar.gz file (preferably with a relative URL). You can get a ZIP from
Activestate's site with both the .tar.gz file (actually, 3 of them --
one for each target platform) and an adjusted ppd file. Unzip (but don't
ungzip-untar), and try again from within the directory you unzipped them
into.

        <http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/6xx-builds-only/>

--
        Bart.