In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jeff Zucker) wrote:

> "Scott R. Godin" wrote:
> >
> > my e-mail below isn't working, and Jeff's mailserver is rejecting mail
> > from my comcast.net domain (my ISP) *sigh*
>
> Strange.  I have some other email addresses but am traveling at the
> moment and can't get to them.  I guess use the list for now.
>
> > At any rate, I've been trying to build AnyData.pm (and then move on to
> > DBD::AnyData from there) on this Red Hat Linux box I have here.. I've
> > updated to Perl 5.6.1, and DO have XML::Parser, XML::Twig, Text::Iconv,
> > HTML::TableExtract, HTML::Parser, HTML::Tree, and WeakRef installed.
> >
> > when running make test, I simply get the following:
> >
> > AnyData
> >
> >        XML ...
>
> Ignore the test problem and install it.  Everything but XML should
> work.  If you need XML, change the line in AnyData::Storage::File that
> sets the constant for USE_FLOCK and change it to 0.  This will mean that
> file locking won't work for you so you'll either have to do it manually
> or wait for the next release.
>
> > Jeff I'd welcome some dialog with you on this, via the list. I LOVE
> > AnyData (particularly useful on MacPerl :) and am frustrated that I
> > can't also use it on the Linux box at the moment.
>
> If you still have problems after my suggestion, let me know.

The weird thing is, the same problem occurs even if I push some other
test in front of the XML test. =:o (tried that last night)

changed
    unshift @formats, 'XML' unless $@;
    push ...

and then 'unshifted' HTMLtable in front. same problem.  test just comes
to a complete halt, cpu-wise with no explanations.

print pack "H*", "4a75737420416e6f74686572204d61635065726c204861636b65722c0d";
--
Scott R. Godin            | e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Laughing Dragon Services  |    web : http://www.webdragon.net/