Dear Mike,

I can reproduce your problem with DBI 1.20 and DBD::Informix 1.04.PC1 on
Solaris 8 with Perl 5.6.1.  I will investigate further, but my immediate
reaction is that maybe the problem is that I have included a change that
requires a newer version of DBI than 1.20, but didn't set the pre-requisite
version high enough. [...time passes...]  Upgrading to DBI 1.30 or later
(1.32 is current) lets the code build; I've not verified the break-point
version number.  Nevertheless, there is a bug in DBD::Informix 1.04.PC1 in
that it does not request the correct version of DBI.

If upgrading DBI is not a possibility, you can go digging for DBIc_DBISTATE
in Informix.xs *and* dbdimp.ec and in each case, replace DBIc_DBISTATE(xxh)
with DBIS; this should then compile OK with DBI 1.20.  I did this with vi
searching for DBIc_DBISTATE and using c% to change the word and the
parenthesized expression to DBIS and DBD::Informx 1.04.PC1 then compiled
and tested fine.

I don't think the Perl version is part of the problem as it happens; the
issue is the pre-requisite version of DBI only.

--
Jonathan Leffler ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
STSM, Informix Database Engineering, IBM Data Management Solutions

|         |           Langen Mike      |
|         |           <mike.langen@tame|
|         |           dia.ch>          |
|         |           11/25/2002 09:32 |

  |       To:       Jonathan Leffler/Menlo Park/IBM@IBMUS
                                                         |
  |       cc:
                                                         |
  |       Subject:  Bug Report

i Tech!

We've intended to compile the new DBD for Informix but couldn't get through
compilation.

The release 1.00.PC2 could be compiled after hacking the Makefile (problem
with version checking)

But this time we couldn't do any hacking... cause the problem seems to be
deeper in your code...

Here the bugreport:

Greetings from Switzerland <<bugreport.out>>

---
Mike Langen / Tamedia AG
Werdstr.21 / CH-8046 Zürich
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / 01 248 53 56

#### bugreport.out has been removed from this note on December 02 2002 by
Jonathan Leffler