David,

Please don't trying to circumvent the established support channels -- it
only irritates those who might otherwise have helped you.

If you had paid the slightest attention to the questions I answer, you'd
have noticed that MSWin32 essentially never figures in the material, and
Informix usually (but not always) does figure, which makes your message
doubly irksome.  Please follow the protocols; subscribe to the mailing
list, and ask questions of the mailing list.

--
Jonathan Leffler ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
STSM, Informix Database Engineering, IBM Data Management Solutions

  |       To:       Jonathan Leffler/Menlo Park/IBM@IBMUS, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          |
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  DBD-mysql drvive

Im using Active Perl 5.6 build 626 for my project at university im trying
to use perl to connect to the database and am having a few problems
downloading the DBD driver for Mysql, im also using PPM to do so and when i
type in the 'install DBD::Mysql' command it returns an error message as
follows: 'Error installing package 'DBD-mysql': Read a PPD for 'DBD-mysql,
but it is not intended for this build of Perl (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)'
Im running it under Windows 98. If you have any ideas regarding what might
be going wrong and how to solve it, i would be very grateful if you could
send me an e-mail.

Thanks
David da Costa