> > Try either:
> > (near the top of the script, after the connect)
> > $dbh->{odbc_default_bind_type} = 12 # SQL_VARCHAR (then the
> database
> > will do the conversion from type to type for you, DBD::ODBC
> will tell
> > the database that it's SQL_VARCHAR)
>
> i have tested this and haven't changed anything inside the
> UPDATE. the error result is:
>
> Software error:
> DBD::ODBC::st execute failed: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
> Driver]Die Verbindung ist mit Ergebnissen von einem anderen
> hstmt belegt
> (SQL-HY000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at
> C:\InetPub\domain\cgi-bin\dir\config.cgi line 223.
>
> (this means in english something like: "the connection with
> results is occupied by another hstmt")

I'd probably need you to get it down to a small, isolated sample which
reproduces the issue, including create table statement, any relevant data,
etc and the small series of queries and updates.  I'll look at it when I
can...

You shouldn't need finish on $sth9, either.

> > Or (with DBD::ODBC 1.0x):
> > $sth9 = $dbh->prepare(...)
> > $sth9->bind_param(n, undef, SQL_VARCHAR); # tell DBD::ODBC
> this is a
> > char.
> will not work, too. my script will not load :-(

You need to use DBI qw(:sql_types) and that should solve it.

> Software error:
> Bareword "n" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
> C:\InetPub\domain\cgi-bin\dir\config.cgi line 224. Bareword
> "SQL_VARCHAR" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
> C:\InetPub\domain\cgi-bin\dir\config.cgi line 224. Execution
> of C:\InetPub\domain\cgi-bin\dir\config.cgi aborted due to
> compilation errors.
>
> i have tryed to change the "n" to "1" - but the SQL_VARCHAR
> will not go away.

N was my example for the column number.  You should user your column numbers
for the columns in question.

Jeff