Since you know how your table is structured :

$query ="INSERT INTO stuff VALUES(NULL,$num,\'$character\')";

Or if you wanted to do it dynamically :

$query = "INSERT INTO stuff VALUES(";
if($data =~ m/^\d+$/) { $query .= "$data\, "; }
else { $query .= "\'$data\'\, "; }

DMuey

http://xmlproj.com/fom-serve/cache/49.html

--
Mac :})
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. ** Ask Smarter: