Ivan Rodriguez Aguilar wrote:
Hello can somebody compile  successfully
DBI::DBD for  informix 9.30.FC1
 ESQL/C  version 9.51 and Client SDK 2.70 ??
i can  compile successfully the DBI module
on solaris 8 for this informix's version
but the DBD module can't compile

Interpreting slightly - you have Informix IDS 9.30.FC1. On Solaris 8, you also have Client SDK 2.70.FC1 - or is that 2.70.UC1?

I tried to compile DBD for informix under linux redhat 7.3
with client sdk 2.0 and i compiled successful ly
but when i use the  DBI::DBD module multiple errors are sent

The main problem is ESQL/C i dont know if my version
the ESQL/C serve for compile DBI::DBD

I know that my english is not good very thanks for read this mail

Your English is fine; I might write "Thank you very much for reading this email", but the rest is pretty much OK.

To use the 64-bit version of ESQL/C (indicated by the F), you must also have a 64-bit version of Perl. Without that, you should stick with the UCx versions of ESQL/C and CSDK.

Next, you have to worry about whether you have the Sun C Compiler (which will be easier) or the GNU C Compiler - and which was used to build your version of Perl. If Perl was built as a 64-bit program with the Sun C Compiler, you probably wouldn't be contacting us - I would expect it to work out of the box. One of the options to the C compiler would be -xarch=sparcv9; another might be -KPIC or -Kpic.
If Perl was built with a 64-bit version of GCC, you probably need to
delete the -xarch=sparcv9 and maybe (but probably not) add the -m64 option that is the equivalent for GCC. Similarly, you might need to map -KPIC into -fPIC. To do this relatively cleanly, you're either going to have to hack (a copy of) the esql script, or let DBD::Informix do it for you on the fly. Read up on the DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLLD_REMOVE_OPTIONS_REGEX and the DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLCC_REMOVE_OPTIONS_REGEX environment variables. You may need to set INFORMIXC="gcc -m64 -fPIC -g" or something similar too. There is a file about all the environment variables in the Notes sub-directory.

Incidentally, if your Informix database server is not a 64-bit server, then it is largely a wasted effort building the 64-bit Perl.

Which version of DBD::Informix and DBI do you have?

--
Jonathan Leffler ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]) #include <disclaimer.h>