On Windows NT you can set the environment variables by right-clicking on the icon
labelled "My Computer", select the "Advanced" tab and then click on the button
labelled "Environment Variables". You should create these as "System variables" rather
than user variables, I would think.

If you need information beyond this, I suggest you do some reading on the Windows NT
operating system.