On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:00:36 +1100, Ron Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:57:38 -0500, John Siracusa wrote:
> > As one earlier post said, the simplest solution is to accept a
> > hashref instead of a string as the DSN argument to connect()

With great self-restraint, I'm simply going to refer to my other
posting this evening ("the grump message"), in the other branch of
this thread (as Gmail files things).  The simplest thing is to leave
well alone.

> Well, this idea has been kicked around a bit, so I suggest it's time to do
> something concrete.
>
> Is there an on-line doc specifying all possible parameters within a DSN for
> each and
> every database supported by DBI?

One - no.  Multiple - yes.
Each DBD module should document the connection strings it supports.
Which one doesn't?

> If not, then I volunteer to maintain a HTML table (of some sort)
> cross-tabulating database
> (vendors) against connection string options. [...]

Google Mail does occasionally produce a gem of an advert!

ConnectionStrings.com - Forgot that connection string? You will ...
www.connectionstrings.com - All connection strings in one place! Here
you'll find the syntax for ...

It seems like someone else has already done it :-)

(No, I didn't visit the site.)

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2003.04 - http://dbi.perl.org