[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Total Elapsed Time = 63.19465 Seconds
User+System Time = 43.46465 Seconds
Exclusive Times
%Time ExclSec CumulS #Calls sec/call Csec/c Name
66.5 28.91 36.463 109445 0.0003 0.0003 SQL::Statement::eval_where

I'm the maintainer of DBD::CSV and while I don't have time this week to get into this, I am following the conversation and will certainly eventually revise the module if any useful information is discovered. My only comment so far is that if, as the above shows, the eval_where is what is taking the time, then I'd like to know what SQL query you are running. Are you doing full text searches with LIKE? or many comparisons? Do you use a prepare-once, execute many approach? This may be a red herring, but I'd be curious.

--
Jeff