From: Ron Savage [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:39 PM
To: List - DBI users
Subject: Re: Bad int8 external representation "" (SQL-HY000)(DBD:
st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:56:39 -0700 (PDT), Peter Loo wrote:

Hi Peter

> No Ron.  I did not chomp the record, but I am quite certain that it is

> not the issue.  The field it is complaining about is blank.  The odd
> thing is that the column it is going into is allowed for NULL values.
> I don't know what else to do, but will certainly give chomp a try.

OK.

You do realize a blank field (empty string) in Perl is /not/ a database
null, right?

To get a null use Perl's undef.

> Yes, I am only testing with one record.

I guessed chomp may be relevant as soon as I thought it died on the
first line.

--
Ron Savage
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and destroy all copies of
the original message.