From: Jeffrey Seger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:37 PM
To: Peter Loo
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; List - DBI users
Subject: Re: Bad int8 external representation "" (SQL-HY000)(DBD:
st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)

It's a numeric field and you are trying to insert an empty string rather
than undef (equivalent to null).

When you queried the other database and had the values in memory....not
written to a file... they stayed undef.  When you split the row from the
file, you have empty strings rather than undef or null.

You also need to be chomping.

On 4/19/06, Peter Loo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No Ron.  I did not chomp the record, but I am quite certain that it is

> not the issue.  The field it is complaining about is blank.  The odd
> thing is that the column it is going into is allowed for NULL values.
> I don't know what else to do, but will certainly give chomp a try.
>
> Yes, I am only testing with one record.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter
>
> --- Ron Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:44:50 -0700, Loo, Peter # PHX wrote:
> >
> > Hi Peter
> >
> > > [unixODBC]ERROR:  copy: line 1, Bad int8 external representation
""
> > > (SQL-HY000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)
> >
> > Line 1, eh? First attempt to insert data? Did you try chomp-ing the
> > line?
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Ron Savage, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 19/04/2006
> > http://savage.net.au/index.html Let the record show: Microsoft is
> > not an Australian company
> >

> Peter Loo
> Worldwide Consulting, Inc.
> Phoenix, Arizona
> U.S.A.

--------------------------------------
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of moral crisis.
    Dante Alighieri (1265 - 1321)

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security.
Benjamin Franklin

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
matter.
Martin Luther King

Our government can't be bought.  The oil companies will never give it up
at any price.
My opinion

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and destroy all copies of
the original message.