Hi Martin:

You'll need the Application Development Client, which is a free
download from http://ibm.com/db2/udb/support/downloadv8.html.

The clients are installed as RPMs on Linux using the db2setup program
(part of the client); you might want to check out the DB2 HOWTO
(http://tldp.org/HOWTO/DB2-HOWTO/index.html) for a general
understanding of the underlying dependencies. Or post here on what
your system is and what problems you're encountering.

Dan