Thanks Ron.  You have been most helpful.  Look me up when you are in
Phoenix.  I will buy you lunch.  :D

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Reidy, Ron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:28 PM
To: Loo, Peter # PHX; DBI-Users
Subject: RE: Using Oracle Internet Directory (OID) instead of TNS Names

That's right.  You will need:

1.  A sqlnet.ora file which designates the search method:
names.directory_path=(LDAP)
2.  A ldap.ora file that describes the location of your OID instance:
Default_admin_context = "dc=xx,dc=yy,dc=com"
Directory_server=(server.domain.com:non-ssl_port:ssl_port)
Directory_server_type=oid

You can read about this in the OID/LDAP Oracle manuals.

Giddy up.

rr