Henri Asseily wrote:

> I don't know if I uploaded the latest version of DBIx::HA to CPAN, I'll
> do it asap.

The docs for DBIx::HA say

"It is very simple to load-balance across read-only database servers.
Simply randomize or reorder the 'db_stack' entry in your database
configuration on a per-process basis."

I know it could be dead simple, but could an example of what this looks
like be provided?

How well has this worked in practice? So, if an Apache/mod_perl
application has 24 children, about 12 would end up talking to each DB as
a primary?

Also, DBD::Multi /does/ have this feature-- automatically randomly
selecting between to dbs with the same priority. Perhaps this feature
could be merged in.

I do like the "time out" feature that DBIx::HA has.

   Mark