Thanks Philip for the extra info.

I've attached a test case I'm working with .. wondering if anyone
using DBD 1.19 can try this out too and report the results?

Ron, can you check this also ... maybe your code is different in some way?

For me the limit is at 63/64 elements (results are in the file)

perl xmltypeinsert-testcase.pl ORCL scott tiger 63
- is ok
perl xmltypeinsert-testcase.pl ORCL scott tiger 64
- fails