I want to barcode label from a serial number.

I have a property accountability database using SYBASE.  I access the
database using perl and cgi, and display the results on the Web Page
using Apache. The server is a unix platform running solaris 8.

At the present time I can print labels, with the serial number,
nomenclature and hand reciept number.  I would like to print the serial
number on barcode format.

So you need to obtain for yourself Perl modules (or other software) that
will print a bar-code for you when given the appropriate data.  The module
is unlikely to be under the DBI or DBD hierarchies, so there's at least some
argument that the question is inappropriate for this list.

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2007.0226 - http://dbi.perl.org