On 8/27/07, Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ActiveStates answer for windows is
> ;extension=php_ifx.dll
> which of course does not load and therefore doesnt work

I wouldn't really expect a PHP extension to work with Perl.  You
shouldn't either.

> Havent seen anything from IBM which is disappointing since Informix is their
> product

Fair enough - discuss with your IBM sales rep.  If I get tasked with
it formally, I'll do it - assuming that time is allocated too.  If
not, it will happen on my (non-urgent) schedule.

Amongst other things, I use Cygwin on Windows - and AFAIK, CSDK does
not support that (despite my putting in a request for ESQL/C to
support GCC out of the box several years ago - not being a customer, I
don't have much clout).  So, to get things to work on Windows, I have
to get a MSVC compiler that will do the job.  There may be
sufficiently good freebies from MS for my purposes - but it just adds
to the complexity of the job.  "Cobbler's Children" springs to mind as
an epithet - so does "over-worked, under-paid".

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2007.0826 - http://dbi.perl.org