From: Tim Bunce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Bunce
Sent: 06 May 2008 21:55
To: Martin Evans
Cc: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: Re: Unable to install DBD::ODBC on OSX Leopard 10.5.2

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 12:36:39PM +0100, Martin Evans wrote:
> Neil Beddoe wrote:
>> Sorry.  Yes I did see Tim's suggestion .  I'm was (am) using DBI
1.604.
>> I took a look at
>> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.dbi.dev/2007/05/msg4987.html as
>> well but I couldn't get Tim's suggestion to compile (failed with h
>> undefined).
>
> I'm not at all sure then. The original post I found:
>
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.dbi.dev/2007/05/msg4987.html
>
> suggests something was wrong but Tim's follow up to you suggests he
> thought you have an old DBI. Are you absolutely sure DBI 1.604 is
> installed in an accessible path?

Just installing DBI 1.604 is not enough.  The key point is that the
driver must be recompiled *after DBI 1.604 is installed* in order for
the driver to pick up this particular change.

Tim.

.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential.
Accordingly any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any
financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction, unless
specifically agreed otherwise. All market prices, data and other information
are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change
without notice. Any opinions or advice contained in this Internet email are
subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing
Marble Bar Asset Management LLP's  terms and conditions of business or client
agreement letter. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily
reflect those of Marble Bar Asset Management LLP.

Marble Bar Asset Management LLP is regulated and authorised by the FSA.