On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Shanmugam, Dhandapani <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does PERL support 64-bit operating systems?

Yes.

> Kindly help me on how should
> perl work on Oracle 64-bit Solaris Operating system . Am getting the
> below error
>

> [bash]perl create_ddl.pl Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

So, you  haven't installed DBI yet.  You will have to do that before you can
use it.

For example, you must have DBI installed before installing DBD::Oracle.

Given that the install is currently using Perl 5.8.3, you should build your
own Perl, either 5.8.8 or 5.10.0, and then install it in a location of your
own choosing (rather than messing with the system version) and then get on
with installing DBI and its pre-requisites and then install DBD::Oracle.

I can't answer for whether DBD::Oracle supports 64-bit systems, but it would
be astonishing (to me) if it did not do so.

Do not follow-up to me - use the list.

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0229 - http://dbi.perl.org