On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Jesse Hess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am connecting from one server to another server with an ORACLE database.
> I have already checked the tnsnames and listener.ora files on the connecting
> box (ORACLE) and they are posted further down in the thread. I have searched
> for quite some time but haven't found anything helpful yet. I am getting the
> following error:

In general, when something works from the command line and not from a web
server, the problem is environment.  99+% of the time (I'm tempted to say
99.9+%)

> dbquery.cgi: couldn't connect to database: (UNKNOWN OCI STATUS 1804)
> OCIInitialize. Check ORACLE_HOME
>  and NLS settings etc. at ./dbquery.cgi line 19.

And that message seems to be saying the same.

Remember, web servers, where you run .cgi files, sanitize the environment
thoroughly before running anything else.  Look up PassEnv and SetEnv
directives (and mod_env).

Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0229 - http://dbi.perl.org
"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be
amused."