On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Sureshkumar M (HCL Financial Services) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I tried to install the Perl DBI module in my machine (sun OS
> 5.8) I am getting below error messages ,Could you please some one help
> me on this...
>
> C)/home/XYZ/TEST/suresh/modules/DBI/DBI-1.607$ perl Makefile.PL
>

> Perl 5.008001 required--this is only version 5.00503, stopped at
> Makefile.PL line 10.

This is your problem.

Install your own build of Perl (5.10.0, or 5.8.8 at least) and then add DBI
to it.

Or, if that is politically impossible, then you'll need to install a
down-level version of DBI.  But, frankly, you're better off with an up to
date version of Perl.  Leave /usr/bin/perl for the system -- and install
your own working version in a directory ahead of /usr/bin (or /bin) on your
PATH.

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - http://dbi.perl.org