On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Prindle, Douglas E <
douglas.e.prin...@citi.com> wrote:

>  Being first time through this process when I did the make it was looking
> for the gcc compiler. My company has made that End Of Life due to it being a
> sunsetted product. So I switched to the Forte 11 compiler from Sun which we
> have had no issues with compiling other existing c code.
>
> As others noted, it is odd to think that GCC is 'EOL'.  Maybe they just
meant the specific antique version?  Anyway...

However, when I try to make the DBI after pointing it to the new Forte
> compiler I am getting a series of errors that seem to point to the DBI.c and
> DBI.xs files as having issues.

The problem is that you are using a C++ compiler (CC in all caps is the C++
compiler; cc in lower case is the C compiler).  How did you build Perl with
CC?  If you didn't (as I expect you didn't), then don't compile modules with
CC either.  Actually, don't build modules with a C++ compiler; they are C
code and not C++ code.

 --
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leff...@gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - http://dbi.perl.org