On Feb 17, 2014, at 2:48 PM, John D Groenveld <jdg...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> wrote:

> In message <5302803c.4080...@triad.rr.com>, Richie writes:
>> Is LD_LIBRARY_PATH exported?  It's hard to see whats going on without a
>> full test case.
>
> The OP shouldn't need to set a LD_LIBRARY_PATH so long as
> he built DBD::Oracle with the correct runtime link path, but
> a simple shell script to see which libraries aren't resolving
> would be a useful test:
> #!/bin/ksh
> /bin/env - /usr/bin/ldd /usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so

Everything works on the command line interactively. The error only happens when
the script is run via cron; however the ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variables appear to be set correctly.

This is a fairly lengthy script that hits tables in use during working hours,
yet depends on remote databases not available to me most of the nights, so it
may take a few days to work through checking stuff since I only have about two
hours a day when I can actually run it :-)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona