On 2017-08-28 8:55 AM, p...@cpan.org wrote:
Because of the current situation we in the GoodData company are thinking
about forking DBD::mysql. We use DBI not only with DBD::mysql, but also
with DBD::Pg. The annoying bugs in DBD::mysql still require hacks and
workarounds, while similar bugs were fixed in DBD::Pg years ago. Also,
inability to use the new version of MySQL or MariaDB is a problem. Same
for the open security issues.

I would like to ask, whether somebody else is interested in DBD::mysql
fork? Either as a user or as a developer? Maintaining a fork isn't a
simple task, but with supporting users and contributing developers it
should be easier.

While a fork may be the best short term fix, as keeping up with security issues is important, I honestly believe that the best fix is to migrate to Postgres as soon as you can. You already use Pg so the experience in your company is there. I'd say move all your MySQL projects to Pg and then you won't have to think about MySQL anymore. Its not just about the Perl driver, but the differences in quality/features/etc of the DBMSs themselves. -- Darren Duncan