Hi Paul! (long time!)

we need to make sure we have these cases accounted for and test coverage.

regards,

Patrick

On 9/14/17 9:24 PM, Paul DuBois wrote:
On Sep 14, 2017, at 1:44 AM, p...@cpan.org wrote:

MySQL server and its databases has some limitations, so reflect it:

* it does not provide information if placeholder is TEXT, VARCHAR, VARBINARY or
BLOB
* placeholder's bind value does not have to point to column, it can be also SQL
function
  --> for caller/user all placeholders are equivalent and caller itself
      needs to know how to treat bind variable and needs to specify if
      it is TEXT or BLOB

* VARBINARY is right padded with 0x00
  --> there is no difference between binary "\x01\x02\x00" and "\x01\x02"
BINARY is padded (for storage), VARBINARY is not.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/binary-varbinary.html