fREW Schmidt wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit+d...@rabbit.us <mailto:rabbit%2bd...@rabbit.us>> wrote:

    Greetings,

    The next release of DBIC will have a number of exciting improvements,
    among them proper ->count ->update and ->delete of any resultset,
    regardless of it's complexity (join, group_by, paging, etc.)

    While all of these improvements are logical extensions of the awesome
    as_query() feature, there might be some lurking bugs in this code.

    Please download and test the pre-release tarball on real world code.
    It should behave identically or better, depending on how much your
    app abuses dbic :) If no negative feedback is received, this tarball
    should appear as 0.08103 on CPAN by the end of this week.

    http://rabbit.us/diff/DBIx-Class-0.08102_05.tar.gz

    Happy testing!

Seems that I spoke too soon regarding working fine. With no change in the system whatsoever except to move between the currently released and this new version of DBIx::Class, we get this error:

[Dispatch] ERROR for request '/Sentry/Group/populateDonorList/5': Error executing run mode 'populateDonorList': Can't locate object method "_select_args" via package "DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql" at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI/Cursor.pm line 73.

(06:06:55 PM) Lowell: happens in quite a few places ... not strictly in reports (06:07:46 PM) Lowell: anything on the list about missing _select_args methods?

It is a bit mysterious - it doesn't happen in our test scripts but it does in our application. We haven't gotten any details beyond that yet, but its definitely related to the new version. I throw this out there so you don't release it, and we'll see what can find out about it soon.

David