Mmm. One of our testing clients is Outlook and it seems to work fine. I know
with Courier IMAP (which I played with about a year ago), everything was a
subfolder of "INBOX."  They reserved the root tree for Shared folders and
stuff. The problem was Outlook express for one didn't every try to call
"capabilities" so it didn't know this and always used to barf when trying to
create folders. I made some hacks to change the namespace which solved that
problem for me.

Moving back to dbmail -- I think the way dbmail does it *is* compatible with
outlook/express.  I do seem to recall that there were some characters that
were needed in the AcceptedMailboxChars array -- which may be especially
relevant if you're trying to use any funny character sets or using
punctuation, etc.  Try with a few basic names and setting the debug level to
5. It may give you more of a clue.

/Mark