Philip Warner wrote:

Most benchmarks show that MySQL is substantially superior for one or a few clients, but that for high concurrency/high load PG wins. This of course assumes that both databases were configured and tuned properly...

Again, this is almost certainly tuning parameters. I had the same problem (growth of about 140MB per day), until I fixed some settings.

Philip,

What tuning have you done to Postgres and what is your regular maintenance schedule? Although my needs are different, it would be nice to get some idea what others are doing.

thanks,

jbw