The autoconf fixes should have went in before 1.0, as it is now the
autconf stuff shipped with 1.0 doesn't coexist well with non autoconf
builds and is partially broken.  They definately need to go in botht he
1.0 and 1.1 branches.  They really should have went in at 1.0 or had
autoconf removed before 1.0.

Hi Ryan,

We tried to incorporate autoconf in 1.0 but unfortunatly our autoconf guy is on a 6 month leave and Roel and I are working on other stuff. To fill in for the miss we incorporated a build script which should be sufficient for now. It would have taken too long to fully incorporate it in the main source tree before 1.0. We will however put it in 1.1.

Best regards,

Eelco

--
Ryan Butler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>