Hello Richard,

Saturday, December 7, 2002, 6:12:51 AM, you wrote:

RB> Just my opinion, but I guess that's not really the market that dbmail is
aimed
RB> at? If the complexity/overhead of pgsql or mysql is too much, why not just
stick
RB> with regular mail spools?
Because they are slow, many are buggy, require too much work for setup, etc.
Dbmail is so much nicer... don't you think ?
The idea behind SQLite is having a quick and easy setup; a version
working out of the box and that would be just ok for MANY
installations. I'm not in any way thinking in replacing MySQL or
PostgreSQL.

RB> OTOH, the dbmail facilitates adding other dbms easy enough, so why not
investigate
RB> further. A Sleepycat Berkeley DB (Transactional Data Store version,
possibly)
RB> system could be worth looking at too.
Do they support SQL ? If they do, might be worth investigating.
Also SQLite is a fraction of their size...

RB> One thing tho': After reading the SQLLite page, I'm not too sure if it would
RB> play nice with all the server processes... ?
It should be, unless you have thousands of transactions per second.
But if you do, you'll be better using a full RDBMS anyway.

Best regards,
 Steve Howe                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]