Hi There,

We are running dbmail 2.2.17 on a debian squeeze VM. It has two VCPUs and 1GB of RAM. Up until today it was connected to our old mailstore mysql VM (debian lenny, mysql 5.1, 2 GB RAM). Over the past couple of weeks we have been syncing mail (using imapsync - don't ask.) to our new mailstore mysql VM (debian lenny, mysql 5.1, 20GB RAM). We service about 1000 mailboxes with approx 80GB worth of email in storage.

So, i stopped mail flow and client access, performed the final sync, changed the database host settings in dbmail.conf to point to the new mailstore and re-enabled mail flow and client access.

We have seen a massive increase in CPU on the dbmail VM for approx one hour (80-90%), then it has dropped back (20-30%) but not to the same level.... during the height of the day, the vm only ever used to sit on 5-10% CPU.

I have attached a quick graph from our XenServer console to show you…

I had thought this might be imap clients re-syncing their email or something… Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon